- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God — fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ — born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
We exist to be a vibrant city centre Baptist church, which wholeheartedly serves and worships God, where God is at work in people’s lives.
Our vision is to be the kind of church God wants and the world needs as we seek first His Kingdom.
We recognise the responsibility and privilege of Christian worship which expresses our love for God, Christian fellowship which expresses our love for one another, and Christian mission which expresses our love for others.
- Knowing God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Maturing in our Christian faith and growing in numbers.
- Holistic Christian mission centred on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Genuine Christian fellowship beyond theory into reality which welcomes people and which includes people at all life stages.
- The dynamic relationship of the word and Spirit of God unleashed amongst us.
- Engaging eventful corporate worship that inspires a lifestyle of worship.
- Visionary biblical plurality of leadership and church government.
- Discipleship and equipping people for the work of ‘every member’ ministry.
- Having faith for the seen and unseen, for the now and the not yet of God’s Kingdom.
- Prayer and bringing before God the needs of the world and the church.
- The city of Hereford, the local region, our nation and the nations of the world as we seek to live out God’s purpose and engage in God’s mission.
- The wider church expressed in our membership of the Baptist Union of Great Britain, the Evangelical Alliance and our relationships with other church fellowships.